Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Brows Matter

Have you noticed the trend of bigger and fuller eyebrows? I'm not sure if I have only recently caught on to this since becoming a brunette or if it really has become the trend. I got my make-up done a few months ago and couldn't believe the difference that eyebrows really make to framing your face. Ever since then, doing my eyebrows is my favorite part of my make-up routine. Here are my step-by-step instructions of coloring in eyebrows only and you can also find a great tutorial about plucking and shaping below.

Tools: Angled brush and eyeshadow similar to the color of your hair, I like to go a shade or 2 darker.



1. Remember in elementary school when you would outline a picture first and then color it in? That is exactly what I do with my brows. First Outline. I first draw a vertical line where my brows start (the thicker part, this should be where your eye is closes to your nose).
2. Then I trace the natural curve of my very thin eyebrows all the way around.
3. Next I color the eyebrow in with the shadow, making sure no spots have been missed.
4. If your eyebrows are getting long you can brush them upwards and trim, you don't need to pluck them out. Over-plucking=no bueno.

This is a very brief explanation. Go on over to the Beauty Department website for a great description on where the curve should be, where the brow should end, begin, etc.

Before...

After...


Do you color in your brows?
What products do you use?

5 comments:

  1. WOW what an awesome difference! I never in a million years thought that I'd color in my eye brows since they connected to each other for most of my life, but now I'm guilty of penciling them in. I used a mac eyebrow pencil for a long time but it ran out so fast that now I just use a cheap brown N.Y.C. pencil & it works fine & lasts forever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I color mine brown too. I use AVON. It's cheap and it works for me.

    Blogwalking dear. Hope you visit back! :)

    Mrs. Kolca of Pink MagaLine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow brows DO matter! It add so much lovely drama to the face. I definitely need to enhance mine more often =)

    - Sarah
    http://agirlintransit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i color in my brows because i truly think they can make your face look totally different when colored in. boulder lashes is where it's at. i just use a simple brush though and dark eye shadow. you want your brows to be a darker shade than your hair color, to really make a statement!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eyebrows are so light, but I feel like I would look silly with them darker. How did you feel when you did them?!

    ReplyDelete